Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Words of Wisdom

From Dr Seuss:

"Be who you are and say what you feel,
Because those who mind don't matter
And those who matter don't mind"

I worry sometimes that Dr Seuss books can be harsh and a bit cruel. How badly was Horton treated before he was recognised as a good guy? It breaks my heart; how do my kids feel?
But my kids love, love, love the books.
And certainly some like "The Lorax" leave no doubt about the message they are sending.
They seem to be going the distance so they must ultimately be a good thing!
Then again bubble skirts are back in fashion too and they are still a mistake!




2 comments:

Jetta's Nest said...

Oh Tas, I haven't read a blog in ages that made me chuckle with every post!

I do agree with you, bubble skirts were bad, even though I did wear one made out of black taffeta no less to a school dance back in 1988.

Kelly Casanova said...

Come on, Mr. Geisel was a genius - his insights into human nature were so clever (and very amusing!)

Bubble skirts, now that gives me flashbacks I'd rather not have :)