Monday, November 9, 2009

The best hiccup remedy

It works every time! Seriously!

I got the hiccups today. It served me right for scoffing down a sandwich too quickly. And could have been worse- if I was a horse, I could have gotten choke. Now that is seriously uncomfortable. Just ask any horse you know.

Anyway, after a couple of minutes of entertaining the little ones, I did my fail safe hiccup remedy. Forget breath holding. Forget trying to scare myself. Forget standing on my head. I just pour myself a glass of water, lean over the top of it and drink backwards...or is it upside down?

Have you ever tried it? It has never failed to cure my hiccups but I wonder if it works as well for everyone.

5 comments:

Liz said...

Upside down for me. Not game enough to try for the kids yet though - I fear a small lake under their feet if we did try :)

74 Lime Lane said...

cordial shots ~ as in a small shot of straight cordial.
red is best but i have used lemon crush and orange as well
works every time for me!

Tin Can Daisy said...

Deep breathing for me. Inbreath for as long as I can hold it....out for as long as I can hold it. Do that over and over (ignoring any little hiccups that try to interrupt along the way) til they're gone.

Karen said...

Yep works 100% of the time for me too!

Marie said...

The only thing that works for me is a spoonful of sugar.