Friday, November 6, 2009

A Cosy of Pyjamas

Yes, I made that up.

I am saddened by the lack of collective nouns available for items of apparel but some reward at the end of a sweat shop session is that I can make up my own.

Pattern- Kwik Sew 3234
Fabrics-
Plain- Stella from Crafty Mamas shop (Australia)
Pattern knits- European knits from CM
Car print cotton- Spotlight
Approval rating- 10/10 (my boys are easy to please plus they got to do a bit of the fabric chosing. Always helps make things a winner)

I have 2 boys- one nearly 5 with my figure (short and thick) and one 6 and 1/2 who is a bean pole. I ended up making these in a L (10) but hopefully that will give me (well, them) 2 summers out of them.

Little Boozle 2009
Little Boozle 2009
Little Boozle 2009
Little Boozle 2009
Little Boozle 2009
Little Boozle 2009
Little Boozle 2009
Little Boozle 2009
I used a squared off stretch stitch to hem them as I couldn't be pfaffed swapping everything back and forth on my overlocker to do the professional double stitch finish. And my boys wont notice anyhow. But I think it is quite a nice little boyish stitch compared to a 3 step zigzag.
So that's it- no more stripes and no more pyjamas for a while. It really reinforces the fact that I don't like making the same things over and over.

1 comment:

74 Lime Lane said...

your boys sound like my boys (similar ages too). the pjs are great ~ so much nicer than the commerical c*@p in the shops!