Monday, November 30, 2009

Farbenmix Bjarne

This one is for the boys.

I don't sew as much for my boys as for my daughter. A few reasons. I stockpiled a lot of "sale" clothing for them before I started sewing again and we get some clothes from the boys' cousin as well. Secondly there are not as many fabrics or patterns to fall in love with as there seems to be for girls.

I have started both Farbenmix Bjarne top and Mika pants a couple of months ago. Yesterday I finally made up the top for one son and I hope to get the pants made up for my other son very soon.

Pattern- Farbenmix Bjarne
Fabric- Cotton drill with stars and lightweight ribbed polar fleece from stash
Approval rating- My boy was wanting to wear it to school this morning so that has to be a good sign. From my perspective, it is a super easy pattern to get sewn up. Two issues I had with it were shared by another lady who used wovens. The sleeve tops were wide and didn't set in without gathering or pleating or trimming. The fronts of the upper section are meant to overlap but didn't. It is not problem as with a tee underneath I like this look. I also didn't put slits in the sleeves as I preferred a straight sleeve for this style of top on a boy in a heavier fabric. But I will definately make it again.

Little Boozle 2009

Little Boozle 2009
Little Boozle 2009
Little Boozle 2009

6 comments:

Helen said...

I like the green and the pattern is really growing on me. Those UFOs are really starting to fly out the window!

Carla said...

That looks great, and I really love that green as well.

Gilly said...

This is great I just love the colour

Unknown said...

Tas the shirt looks great, and thanks for the tips on the challenges. Funny thing is that if I had been sewing I would have just given up "knowing" the pattern would be right and not me so thanks for that it shows sometimes we have to take our own leap of faith in our sewing. Is that cotton on top?

Unknown said...

ok just went back an reread the post , cotton drill, just love the look!!!

Tania said...

I'm pretty damned impressed. Especially with the wear it to school approval! Also impressed with how much dust is possible to cram into an overlocker below!