Sunday, January 10, 2010

Isn't it ironic..

Sex, babies and parents
Does anyone else find it ironic that discussing your sex life
with your parents, in-laws or immediate relative is socially taboo
(admittedly for both sides)
and yet those same people are more than willing to discuss
the fact that you are having a baby ad nauseum
and tell the whole world while they are at it?
(I mean, isn't that tantamount to saying to the whole world
"hey, guys, my kid is doing the horizontal samba!"
but what, if you say
"and having a baby" at the end,
well, that's all right then?...)
Disclaimer (before I have any more comments along those lines):
No, I am not pregnant.

2 comments:

zofia said...

am I hearing right Tas?
Is there something you have to tell us?...ahh, the no coffee...:D

Liesl said...

How I love the expression the horizontal samba (not one you're likely to see on Dancing With The Stars!).

I'm with Zofia ... is there something you are telling us??