Sunday, January 31, 2010

January 2010 progress report

Well, that sounds official, doesn't it?
Just thought that I'd keep you posted on my progress,
both health-wise and craft-wise.
My head is still in the right space and I am finding it pretty easy
to exercise 4 times a week and maintain a healthy diet.
I have lost 4kg over 4 weeks
and that alone is motivating!
(For those of you who care after reading my first post about this health kick,
I am also poo-ing again
and yes, it is a necessary evil)
Craft-wise I am on the go, baby.
I have cut out 2 things to sew up,
have a dozen more patterns in my to do pile,
and have spent the last 2 days owning our dining room space.
Sewing 2009
I have been intending to redecorate a pine chest of drawers for over a year now.
I have been slowly accummulating bits and pieces
and I have finally, finally, finally
not only started but nearly finished.
It's been an intense 2 days but the results so far have been beyond what I had hoped.
Here is a sneak peak...
Sewing 2009
Sewing 2009
Can't wait to show it off but another night of stamping
then as many layers of sealer as I can manage is required
to Mae-proof it as much as possible.
My mojo is back and stuffed firmly head-first into a pillowcase
so I can keep the little bugger from going AWOL again.

5 comments:

Gilly said...

wow those draws look great so far - they will be amazing when they are done!

Karen said...

Can't wait to see the finished product...looking good!

And your dining room table looks pretty much the same as mine - haha

Peta said...

The drawers are going to look fantastic! My kitchen bench looks like your table too.

Amber said...

You go girl! Looks amazing!!!

Unknown said...

Looking good and might I say that I really lurve your dining suite!