Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Make It perfect Versatile wrap skirt

Addicted to sewing for me.

I really have gotten addicted to sewing for me now that I have lost weight.
I can suddenly make those patterns that I have salivated over
but ignored
 knowing that they would not look good on my hips!

I don't feel too guilty about it as my kids all have more than enough clothes
and I really need to stop sewing for them anyhow...

Soon I will share with you my stash of dress patterns that I want to sew up.

Pattern: Versatile Wrap by Make It Perfect
Fabrics: Cottons from my stash
Verdict: Really quick and easy to sew up
Great pattern for any large or bold prints that you may have
I took the time to topstitch a lot of seams that the pattern didn't ask you too
but I think it gave a neater result.

Little Boozle 2010

Little Boozle 2010

Little Boozle 2010

I love the look of wrap skirts over a pair of jeans.
But I should I leave that to the 20 somethings?
Can a 41 year old carry off that look?
(and really- do I care if I can't,
as long as I love what I am wearing?)

8 comments:

Natalie Hennekam said...

Hawt Mama!
You definitely have the look :-)

Kate said...

LOVE IT!!!
They can have their skiiny jeans, the skirts over jeans is ours. I'm wearing a dress over jeans today too.

Tanya said...

It's a great look and yep, you can carry it off!

Unknown said...

Good for you Tas, about time you tailored for you! I am really in the "not caring what other people think" zone at the moment so I say, "do what makes you happy!"

Liz said...

Tas - it looks amazing!!

toadstooldots said...

This skirt rocks.
I'm just thinking I want one too, but nobody wears skirts over jeans here (was my impression). Let's start these look for us oldies ;-)

Ali said...

I love the skirt Tas. Which pattern was it - or is my brain not working and can't see it in the post

fallen~from~grace said...

Looking good Tas!! I adore the fabric you've used for your wrap skirt. I think you could definitely get away with wearing it over jeans !