Friday, July 30, 2010

Channelling Little House on the Prairie

The Miss Alice dress - The Handmade Dress

Little Boozle 2010

With this one, I am thinking less about white rabbits and Wonderland
and more about Laura Ingalls running up the hillside.

Little Boozle 2010

It is a sweet little pattern but I downsized it from a size 5 to a size 4 and my daughter is 3.
Maybe I should have considered length when I made it up.

Little Boozle 2010

I struggled a bit with the yoke corners when attaching and had to fully gather the area to be gathered to fit
but I am not sure that this wasn't just me.

Little Boozle 2010

Anyhow the girl is happy and is carefree about the length of her dresses
and it will be good sun cover.
So after an extended happy dance and a few laps around the kitchen and dining room...

Little Boozle 2010

"mummy, make me another one, please, please, please"

I'll chalk this one up as another win.


3 comments:

Liz said...

This is so gorgeous Tas! Just think, she will get a few seasons out of it, being longer - as they tend to grow up but not out too much :)

Sally said...

That is certainly a win. It is such a sweet frock. Me likes it very much indeedy.

Jennifer said...

your stuff is great.