Thursday, February 10, 2011

Like Riding a Bicycle.

Little Boozle 2011

Apparently if you stop sewing for extended periods,
you can just flip the "on" switch on your sewing machine
and it all comes back to you...

...even if I thought about all the knitting that I could have been doing
while I sewed.

Does that make me a bad person?
Is it crafting adultery to think of one craft with such lust
while spending time with another?

Little Boozle 2011

Pattern: Little Woo- Patterns by Figgy's
Fabric: purple velour and heavier cotton from stash

Little Boozle 2011

I have to be honest about this pattern.
It is fast to cut out and sew up.
But my expectation of the garment was different to what it is.
I didn't know that this was a casual cardigan/coat.
The knit edges are meant to be left unhemmed
(I hemmed mine)
and it is not a shaped garment;
the sleeves and body are cut out as one piece.

Little Boozle 2011

I cut out the size 4/5 for the little goddess who is a
tall-soon-to-be-four- year older.
Even with hemming, it is a generous and lengthy fit
and I think it may be 15 months
rather than 3 months till she gets to wear it.

On the positive side,
it is a fast casual cardi to whip up
and I would be interested to see the results in a lighterweight knit.
If you are not looking for the more structured garment that I was,
this might suit you
(And it probably highlights another of my bad habits...
I don't read patterns through before I start)

Also, the little goddess seems to have followed through
on her new regard for purple
(now her fourth favourite colour
following pink, "rainbow" and red)

I just can't stop while I am ahead.
Blue is next...

3 comments:

Davia said...

love the colour, do they come in adult sizes? looks like a great thing to throw on as you head out into cold and windy weather.

Liz said...

Love the colour :) So glad the goddess is giving you a wider range of colours to sew/knit with now :D
It looks very comfy though without the structuring.

willow and moo said...

So adorable on miss Mae!

Tas, you need to read through your patterns before you start! LOL