Saturday, February 19, 2011

A tough week.

(priceinspector.co.uk)

So not only do I have to deal with the growing up of the baby of the family this week,
now my 7 year old is asking me if it was me who magically changed the glass of water
to a green colour
and replaced his tooth with a coin.
It only seems like yesterday that he started to "get" those magical visitors
and now he is already questioning their existance?

Wonder what my 5 year old can come up with before the week is through.

Maybe announce that he wants to be a politician when he grows up.
Or that he is too old for those public hugs and kisses
(If you knew him, you would understand the devastation of that-
he thrives on cuddles and hand holding)
(And while we are on the topic,
how many of your kids' baby teeth can you collect to keep
before it just becomes creepy and odd?)

9 comments:

Kate said...

I've got em all.
I have no idea what I'll do with them I just cannot bring myself to chuck em.

Tania said...

I think it depends how you file 'em. Displayed a la bugs in museum in frame is kinda creepy and odd. I have decided that haphazardly labelled and squirrelled away somewhere in the back of a nondescript drawer is not.

Nikki said...

Don't ask me... Two weeks in, I'm still spontaneously bursting into tears about my school-ready kid going to school. I daresay I'll be keeping teeth, too.... perhaps in the shipping container we'll need (by year's end) to store all the artwork.

Sarah said...

They do grow too quickly don't they? My four year old can't wait to lose her teeth!

And I really *get* your earlier post about your baby growing up - that bittersweet feeling - proud of their achievements, their independence but knowing that they'll never be your baby again. Hard :)

willow and moo said...

I have all of Moo's teeth...well, except for the one that disappeared when it was under her pillow. I think the real tooth fairy must have taken it.

I hope L doesn't stop wanting cuddles any time soon. I know how I'd feel if Will didn't want them.

Unknown said...

I get the odd and creepy thing LOL.
One of Lulus friends just lost her tooth. Her family is Greek and it is their tradition to go to the highest point possible (like your upstairs, a tree branch etc) and close your eyes and throw it. problem solved about keeping the teeth!

Mary said...

Well Tas that all depends on what you do with them. Some inspiratio perphaps http://www.inhabitots.com/kim-kovels-recycled-gold-milk-teeth-charms/

Kylie said...

Yet to loose teeth here, but considering we move so often I
sadly cant see me keeping all of them. Two I can hide 40 might cause a problem :(

Liz said...

I can't keep the teeth - they kinda gross me out a little too much. Apparently DH's mum used to keep theirs in a small grandfather mantle clock, where the face used to open. That way they were safe, but out of general viewing.

I hope my nearly 8 year old doesn't grow out of the public affection - he loves his kisses and hugs - I still get to give him a kiss goodbye every morning in front of his classmates (and please let me not have jinxed myself saying that or I will cry).