Sunday, May 15, 2011

As luck would have it.

Anyone will tell you it is the men in my family that have all the luck.

We aren't talking "winning-first-division-in-lotto" type of luck
but if there is a meat tray to be won, my dad or my pop would be in with favourable odds.

Every now and then my planets align and I seem,
 in spite of my  lack of a Y chromosome,
to have a bit of a run of good luck.
No, sadly, still not the "winning-first-division-in-lotto" type
but, in the past months,
 definately the
"win-an-Ikea-food-hamper" sort of luck
and "win-a-slow-cooker-for-Mother's-Day" type of luck.
(Let me tell you-
an Ikea food hamper is oh, so, good)

Winning the blog giveaways of two of my favourite blogging ladies
capped off a fortunate couple of months.

Beki over on the other side of the world
generously posted out this fabulous book Down Under.

 Little Boozle 2011

My kids (and I) will love it.

Tania is amazingly talented and her parcel was a joy to behold.

Little Boozle 2011 1742

I have coveted her tea towels for yonks.

Little Boozle 2011

Such beautiful , beautiful morsels.

Little Boozle 2011

And Tania, I know exactly where I am putting that tattoo!

Little Boozle 2011

My 6 year old son, who doesn't colour in with exceptional talent
but does colour in with an exceptional amount of love,
keeps winning colouring competitions.

But maybe the luck hasn't completely skipped the women after all.

Thank you, Beki and Tania, for such fabulous giveaways!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

what a great score! Love the last pic especially.

CurlyPops said...

Oh wow - now that most definitely is GREAT luck!

Tania said...

Hey, I am totally up for that Slow Cooker Sort of Luck! Come on now - you have to 'fess up on the tattoo...

Lola Nova said...

Hooray for you! What wonderful winnings indeed. Perhaps you should play the lotto!

quilary said...

Lots of lovely winnings! When it comes so nicely wrapped it's like winning all over again.

Kelly Casanova said...

Lucky you Tas, doesn't it just make your day (or week?) when you win cool stuff?

Beki said...

Get a lotto ticket woman ;o)
Pleased you like the book lovely and I love that last pic, what a fab tatoo it would make!

B xxx